Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sports..Is it ALL about the chesse??

I was watching this Josh Childress interview and his whole International basketball experience..it's definitely interesting..(watch vid)




Is it all about the money these days? Maybe I wasn't understanding or hearing him right. I'm nit judging his decision, I'm just think out loud. Obviously, I believe none of the NBA's star players will go overseas. Why? I think "our" NBA players are some of the most cockiness, competitive, and spoiled players in the professional athletic realm. Without the challenge, I just can't see them making a major move like that.

I honestly think in Josh's case, no play + money is different than, stater + money. It just seemed to me he didn't explain this well enough in the interview. He just seemed a little jaded about his reasoning for playing overseas. What do you think? Is his reasoning smart? Do you think more NBA players will be welcoming playing overseas? Hit me up and let me know.

Suga HiL



video: ESPN

1 Comment:

Ed The Sports Fan said...

his reasoning is very smart and I commend him for doing it. he gets to live tax-free and expense free (no money to pay on house, car, maid service, chef, etc.) and roughly making about $6.5M/year ($20M/3 years) versus playing in the NBA where he was getting about $3.5M while getting about 35% of his check cut by taxes and having to pay for all of his expenses.

Lets be clear in realizing that in professional sports, these are your peak earnings years, so get money while you can while not selling his soul. he'll have a job in the league again, but for right now, do what you gotta do.

-Ed.