Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's the 4th of July..

Since it's the fourth of July, I thought I'd let you in on the top 4 reasons I love the 4th of July and the Top 4 Jams you have to play at BBQ.

Top 4 Jams:


4.
"Flashlight" by George Clinton and The Parliament Funkadelic

3.
"Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty by Nature

2.
"September" by Earth, Wind, and Fire (Yes, I know the song is called September but it's a song for all occasions)

1. "Summer Time" by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff

Top 4 Reasons I love the 4th:

4. The ability to display your bones game (dominoes) and severely gloat at the end.
For some I always feel that playing bones on the 4th is like playing in the Game 7 on the NBA finals. Or is it just me?

3. Water Festivities
I love to swim, but as a black woman, sometimes I am not able to. Don't act like yall don't know why. The 4th gives me a good excuse to not even care. Plus, the water gun sneak attack is purely fabulous on this holiday.


2. Catching up friends and fam.
Even Christmas can't bring together as many friends and family as the 4th does. [Why: Gifts are a major part of it] but food is the gift that keeps on giving and ties all...
Which brings me to my #1 Reason I love the 4th of July:

1. THE FOOD!!!!
Only on one day can you hit up multiple barbeque's with the all-time favorite summer foods.
Potato salad, Watermelon, Ice Cream bars...oooh I'm so ready. So get the grill hot and play the Top 4 jams and thank God for family, freedom and democracy.

Honorable Mentions:
- "Ladies Night" by Lil' Kim, Left Eye, and Missy Eliiot
- Fireworks and Sparklers! Who doesn't like pyrotechnics.
Suga HiL

2 Comments:

Rachel said...

The weather was so crappy yesterday that it didn't allow for water festivities.

But FOOD! That's definitely at the top of my list.

brran1 said...

Good list, Although i'd definitely have to add Kool & The Gang's Summer Madness to my music list.