Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sports.

Well guys, the NBA is offically coming back home to Oklahoma City. The formerly known Seattle Supersonics will be playing in the Ford Center as soon as next season.

The details of the deal include the owners to pay 45 million to Seattle now and a additional 30 million if Seattle doesn't get another team in the next five years..


Seattle owner Clay Bennett has decided to leave all Sonic banners and "official" at Key arena. Oklahoma city will be completing starting fresh to give their team and new name and brand. They are also looking forward to getting two #1 draft picks Russell Westbrook and D.J. White when the team opens summer league play.


"Personally, I didn't think we would move this soon," Durant said. "I settled in Seattle, bought a house with my mom, we moved out there with my family. That was my home. But it's a part of the business. We've got to get up and move. I'm looking forward to playing in a new city with new fans and we'll see what happens."

Kevin, I personallly think it's a good move. Any city that is not willing to take advantage of their professional fanchise should have the option to move to another city. Then you will learn how to appreciate what your city has or doesn't have. Just take a look at the Hornets..now we are not planning to give back this new team, but that's why we are giving you guys all this money.

Maybe I'm harsh, but I'm thinking not. What do you think?

0 Comments: