Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sports.

I like to say that in most cases the saying "Two wrongs don't make a right" means "Two wrongs means no ones right", this is especially applies to the newly traded Ron Artest to the Houston Rockets and the relationship (or lack there of) with Yao Ming.



According to a recent article on
ESPN when asked about Ron's past Yao responded with "Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands," Yao said. Take notes:



Mistake 1 (Yao): Yao shouldn't have flipping off at the mouth..what happened to his media training? He knows better.



So of course, Ron Artest always being himself responded saying "I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto, That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about."






Culture meaning going into the stands and throwing bows, getting suspended? Just a question.


"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there," Artest added, "Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."



Mistake 1 (Artest): Artest definitely knows better about flipping off at the mouth.
Mistake 2 (Artest): That brawl, both parties were in the wrong: culture had nothing to do with it. (Alcohol and Tempers were the source in that)


Ron also went on to say that Yao Ming has still failed to call him to welcome him to the team. I definitely since a Shaq and Kobe situation minus the athletic talent of course.


The moral of the story is that this could have all been prevented if Yao and Artest would just shut up. That's why there's publicist's, I know these two don't get the spotlight much. But please do us a favor, stick to playing basketball only. Thanks.

0 Comments: