Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fashion..Rock & Republic, Duckie Brown, & Lacoste

Here's some more shows from Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York. And this time I'm coming with the Project Runway style reviews..

For the ladies.. Rock and Republic




For the fellas... Duckie Brown



And for ALL Lacoste..




So for Rock and Republic:
I think they did a really good job of bring the rock flavor with the everydat wearable because I hate how some fashion is truly just art and not wearable. They also had a lot of cute "going out" outfits, and the skin-tight look I was actually feeling a lot in this show. Well done.. Grade: A


The Duckie Brown Show:
I would really like to see my fellas in some of these looks, but let's be realistic; it's just not going to happen. I felt there were some really nice taliored suits, that definetly play well to the Spring.
I also felt like the designers should have catered a little more to the urban male..they are truly buying a lot more these days. All in all..good show, but line lacked depth. Grade: C+

Lacoste:

Claps and Snaps..Though I do think Lacoste defintiley appeals to a person with a certain kind of style. It's kind of J-Crewish. I think that most of their pieces in the line anybody can really idetify with. There was bathingsuits, shorts, jeans, a lot of summer blouses and tops. The colors of the line really used the whole spectrum. The show was cohesive and took use of their wide runway. Grade: A
It would have been an A+ but none of the piece really knocked my socks off.
What do you think? Did I get right? Let me know.

Suga HiL

0 Comments: