Friday, September 5, 2008

Sports..Goodie Bag

I had to get you started for this exciting weekend..so I hitting ya with one more sports goodie bag..

First..Here's some funny video from Team USA, shot the day before they left for China, this must-see video from Chris Bosh is a quick, candid and entertaining look at what it's like to sit down for some Wendy's with Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and LeBron James. Honestly, when was the last time you rolled into a San Francisco gas station and stumbled upon five of the best hoopsters on the planet? Such scenarios just do not happen all that often. My other question was have they not ever been to a Travel gas station?





LeBron James: "Man, you get a burger, get you some gas, and get you some coffee then stay on the road for another five hours in this joint.

"Chris Paul: "... and some Slim Jims ...

"Deron Williams: "I'm from Dallas ... I eat Rudy's ..." (Rudy's is a famous fried chicken place in Dallas)

I mean if I hung out with some b-ball players, these guys would be the ones. It's crazy cause even though it 40 seconds of video, they had me rollin' .

So in case you didn't know Serena beat Venus Wednesday in two tie-breaking matches, 7-6,7-6. She plays Dinara Safina today.

The excuse "us" quote comes from Serena when she was doing an interview after the match..

Q. There's the No. 1 position at stake for at least three girls in the tournament now. Is that an extra motivation?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah. Honestly, I really would just like to win the tournament with or without the ranking. Believe me, I'm going to be No. 1 sooner or later.

Well, okay then, but Serena definitely got that spice, so anytime she comes to the mic she always says something you didn't expect her to say.
Click on the pic for video and interview highlights..

And in NFL news, the NY Giants beat the Washington Redskins 16-7, in the season opener Thursday.

Suga HiL

0 Comments: