Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sports..Goodie Bag..Must See TV!

First off all, I just wanted to let ya'll know that I apologize for not updating you guys on the football this weekend. You know how it is when your my hosts the family for the holiday weekend..that means you have to do as much work as she does. It was definitely fun yet exhausting...

But anyways, I'm giving you the rundown of what's going on in sports, since there is soo much going on right now...You know how the goodie bag goes.

So the Williams sisters are playing each other for the 1oth time tonight @ 7pm in the quarterfinal for U.S. Tennis Open on USA.

(Singing Together now) Are you ready for some football!!!! Okay, enough of that, The NFL season officially kicks off tomorrow (Thursday) with the NY Giants and the Washington Redskins taking center stage..you best believe I'll be sitting in front of the tube for this one..

And I know you thought the NBA was long gone at least for about 6 months, but the season is truly only two months away.. ESPN did some early polling picks about the next MVP, Rookie of the Year, and Future worst player. The list is pretty interesting... take a look at it
HERE.

LeBron James and Chris Paul take the spots for top MVP picks, Baron Davis and Jermaine O'Neal got the spots for worst newcomer this year. Also, Micheal Beasley grabbed the #1 spot for the Rookie of the year (Miami Heat)..along with hometown team homie, Russell Westbrook repping the new Oklahoma City team.

I think the voters did a pretty good job on this list, what do you think? Hit me up and let me know. Oh, if there there is something that you want this knowledgeable lady sports fan to be talking about or something I should know, hit me me as well.

Also a very insightfull story from one of my favorite ESPN Sports writers, Jemele Hill, on football players playing through the pain.. "Any Given Sunday" is truly a real-life story complete with consequences.. Read it HERE. My question to all, is how much would you be willing to sacrifice for your career. I try to keep these things in prospective, if I had my dream job, would I scarifice my health for it? I don't know, but if you play pro sports the smartest thing you can do is create another avenue for yourself so that your health will never be a bargaining tool to put on the table. What do you think..Is Shawne Merriman doing a little too much gambling with his health and career? See Shawne in play on Sunday, in San Deigo.

I thinks that's about it for now..I will be at the O-State vs Houston game this weekend, but I will be putting you for all the games and scores so no worries.

Suga HiL

7 Comments:

Truth Merchants said...

I LOVE IT Suga -- We didn't forget about you!! I've been swamped at work but am almost finished hooking up the site. Hopefully tonight in time for tomorrow's NFL game. Or maybe monday and we'll kick things off with a weekend recap or something... Either way its going down tho!!

Suga HiL said...

@ Preston, oh no worries..You know I'm just doin me..Thanks for the love..

bshepjr said...

im mad they got b diddy as the team wrecker! thats my nigga!

suga you live in houston or just came for the game?

Suga HiL said...

@bshepjr-- No the game is @ O-State..so I'll be driving up from Tulsa to go to the game.

Ed The Sports Fan said...

first off, Shawne Merriman plays for the Chargers, not the Jaguars honey bun. But its okay, it was heartfelt lol...

second, baron davis and jermaine o'neal being teamwreckers? someone should go kill themselves, for the record.

oklahoma state looked good against washington state, i'm repping the Pokes here in Ohio-land. But the big game is Oklahoma vs. Cincinnati, Go Sooners!!

-Ed.
www.edthesportsfan.com

Suga HiL said...

@ Ed the Sports Fan,
Oops, My bad typo, I must have been thinking of Steve Smith (my fav player) at the time, thanks for looking out though.

Now to that other team you were talking about that I refuse mention unless there is a loss by there name...they gets no love around here..but I wish you the best with even though I know what the end result will be.

Suga HiL said...

@ Ed the Sports Fan
Where is that Typo I made @? Not my post:)