Monday, September 22, 2008

Sports..Are We in the Twilight Zone??

This weekend's display of a couple of WTH's in sports has made me believe that...(Click Video)



We are truly in the Twilight Zone.

First one, Dallas Cowboys actually won a game in Lambeau Field against the Greenbay Packers for the very first time. T.O. only had two catches for 17 yards, the rest was done by Marion Barber and special teams player Miles Austin. Final Score: 27-16.
Twilight Zone moment: I mean, yeah I thought that they might win but I knew the Cowboys history; and the Packers did put up a fight until the 3 quarter. Plus, how many times did people think Dallas was going to win at Lambueau and didn't...6 to be exact.

The United States won the Ryder Cup Championship for the first time in 9 years.
Volumes have been written on the withering pressure of this event, particularly America's tense susceptibility to that pressure in recent years. If you asked around, I'm sure the most common explanations for the United States' recent Ryder Cup failures was its inability to play loose and have fun. Their Twilight Zone moment: Tiger Woods wasn't even on the team!?!? Yeah, I know you're thinking the same thing as me. Their combined record in this Ryder Cup: a dominant 6-1-3. Their combined record on Sunday, with the Cup up for grabs: 3-0.

And finally, the Miami Dolphins beat the New Patriots in a 38-13 win at New England's home field. Fans booed the Patriots. Many left early. The record winning streak of their favorite team was ending with a stunning domination by the lowly Dolphins. Twilight Zone Moment: In ending the Patriots' NFL-record 21-game regular-season win streak, the Dolphins also snapped their 11-game road losing streak.


So do you think were in the Twilight Zone sports wise? I also think that something a little off in NCAA football too, but I could go on and on about that one. Or do you think that's these events are just luck and are really just a one in a million moments? Hit me up and let me know.


Suga HiL

3 Comments:

President Anthony Taurus said...

bout time the cowboys win with the big name roster they have.. buncha bums lol

and the pats are dead w/o brady this season. it's over

Suga HiL said...

@ Anthony I know. The Cowboys have been winning elsewhere but it's normally with T.O.

Eb the Celeb said...

cwobys all day!