Monday, August 4, 2008

Fashion.

Okay, this one is for the fellas. I got some flack about not telling the guys what to wear. Also, a friend of mine always says that ladies clothing is much cheaper than guys clothing. I don't think that is true but, I'm going to somewhat put an end to that myth by giving you some options.


So, from what I have been told, having two older brothers. I have come to find that the best way to start and keep GQ swagger is to start with 10 ties and 10 shirts..of course this is dependent on you having slacks first. (So, make sure you have a least 3 pairs of tailored and fitted slacks:Black, Gray, Khaki) If you have those you'll be straight.

Giving yourself 10 tie and shirt combinations gives you at least 100 opportunities to get your swexy on. (SWEXY- Swagger and Sexy) Here is a couple of options that I like the best.




I definitely feel like I gave you guys a good foundation. If there is some fashion questions you might have, or something that I just need to know (I've been told I don't know everything) hit me up. Plus, of course, I need to hear from the fellas just to make sure I did ya right, but don't I always?
Suga HiL

4 Comments:

Quick said...

you did great! The shirt tie combo is oh so important, and if you can mix and match...Stuntin' is a habit-! lol

Suga HiL said...

@Quick, "Put it in the Air" ..Thanks for the love.
There's nothing sexier than a man that can dress and pull off the grown man swagger.

President Anthony Taurus said...

I think this leaves a lot to be desired when talking about men's fashion.

Personally, material is an issue with me. I can't stand to see anyone in a nasty polyester ANYTHING. It's all about silk, cotton, and wool with me.

Then there's the fit of the suit. I swear I see some brothers walking outside in the street with suits that are too long or too short or too big or too small or an actual combination of these things. It has to fit when you stand up, when you sit down, when you're walking, or even in a fight. A suit has to FIT. Take it to a tailor.

Beyond the right kind of tie, men have to learn how to tie that tie in the first place. There are different styles of knots and depending on what you've got on, it may actually accentuate your look.

Then we have an issue of accessories - cuff links, tie clips, vests, and handkerchiefs.

Finally, you've got the combination styles, thug/casual look a la Kanye West although he pulls off closet gay more than anything at times. lol.

Fitness Goddess said...

Great advice for the fellas!