Friday, August 22, 2008

Intellect.. 2nd Place Winner?

So just to school some of you who don't know, the Democratic National Convention will be coming up on the 28th of this month. This reason I mention this is because Hillary Clinton has recently on announced that even though Barack Obama is the presumed Democratic candidate, she will put her name on the ballot at the Convention...




The crazy thing is I'm not surprised by the news that she's on the ballot, I was surprised she actually had the kahunas to do it. Long before Hillary and Barack were the candidates that mattered a friend and I had a discussion about how the end was really gonna play out. Let me paint the picture for you..



So of course, it was going to come down to John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama. Then we took John Edwards out of the picture because his wife talked to much, and ultimately he had his opportunity at a presidential run, as well due to his wife's illness he didn't spend enough time on the campaign trail. So, with it down to Hillary and Barack, my friend said Hillary I said Barack, but he has to win it before the convention, then I thought about it..and realized they are going to try to pull something off crazy. And now it's staring us right in the face.



If the delegates all of a suddenly have some kind of epiphany about Hillary and decide to go with her they actually can mess a lot of things up for Barack. My thing is people don't normally jump off bridges unless the have a parachute. MSNBC commentators said she wouldn't get any votes because of what the delegates have to be accountable to their constituency. But the delegates have the right to change their minds. Like I said, Hillary wouldn't put her name on the ballot if she didn't have a plan.



When all is said and done, Barack is still going to when the nomination, but more delegates than you think will vote for Hillary, and that's just the bottom line. I personally, think that in her mind she wants it all and will sell her soul to the devil to get it. She is like that bug you squashed and spllattered with your show, and ten minutes later somehow ends up taking a walk in your shower or sink. Relentless. Hillary wants everyone to know how relevant she is to politics right now and that's what's soo sad about this situation. How would she feel if Barack did that to her?



So that's kind of how I feel about it. What do you think, do you think Hillary will steal some of Barack's delgate votes..Is she being a sore loser or is she just trying to get what's her's in these historical political times? Drop me a line and let me know.

2 Comments:

Holly said...

I don't know. I think double-standards played a huge role in both of the candidates campaigns. I'm a Hilary girl, I want to see her on the oval office, and I think she would make an excellent president. I do not think she is being a sore loser, but I do think that talking heads have consistantly criticized her no matter what she has done.

Obama is my #2 choice. I think he will do fine, but I don't think he has my young, female professional interests in mind. Hillary does.

She's stirred the pot this election, and while much of the country may not like her, I respect her.

Suga HiL said...

@ Holly Grande, I agree with you, I just think that Hillary needs to just let Barack have his moment, be part part of his progress...but if she can't don't undermind his success by putting yourself on the ballot anyways..