Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sports..Intellect..Governor Barkley? Umm..

Former NBA star and TNT sports analyst Charles Barkley attended the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday and answered five questions for CNN.com at the CNN Grill. Here are some of his responses..

On why he's in Denver?
Barkley: I just wanted to be here. I'm just so excited. I never thought in my lifetime we'd have a black man with a legitimate shot of being president.

What do you think the Democrats need to do here to win the White House?
Barkley: I think they've got to just make sure to get those troops home from Iraq, that's a big deal. But No. 1, we've got to give poor people a chance. America is divided by economics, and we as Americans, we've got to do a better job of supporting poor people.

And the question that knocked my socks off...

Are you running for governor in Alabama?
Barkley: I'm planning on running for governor. I can't screw up Alabama. Politics, it's just so important, and I just want to do good things with my name, and I'm just going to keep continuing to do that.

Hold Up...Wait, wait, wait. I am I the only person that thinks there is something wrong with Charles Barkley running for governor. The political cartoonists' already called and said..Ha..he's waay too easy. Charles said in a Playboy article earlier this year that he would run..but most thought he was just making conversation. Plus, who doesn't love his humor and his knowledge on the game of basketball, but it would be really hard to take him seriously. I guess he's serious.
Another thing is I know that everyone deserves a fresh start but, for the state of Alabama, don't you think there is a little conflict of interest knowing his past issues with gambling? Plus, if, and that's a BIG IF, he was elected, who's going to replace him on TNT? I could not see that trio working without him. Charles was the only post-athlete that I can truly say was built to commentate on their sport.

Maybe I rushing too soon to judgement, but maybe I've made some good points. It would be some-what entertaining to here why he really wants to run for governor, and what he is going to come with to prove he should win.

What do you think? Should Barkley be in politics are should he keep on the hardwood..Hit me up and let me know.

Suga HiL



Source: CNN

1 Comment:

Ed The Sports Fan said...

Sir Charles would be an excellent governor. For one, its good to see that he wants to "take care of home" in Alabama and make sure that his folks are taken care of. The thing about politics which alot of people struggle with is, what is the nitty gritty, what are the actual problems and how do we solve them. Barkley will not hide from addressing critical issues, he's got money so he can't be corrupted, and he will SPEAK THE TRUTH, which 95% of politicans can't do.

I would severely miss him on TNT, but I think they'd find a way to keep him in the loop.

-Ed.
www.edthesportsfan.com